ServiceMaster Specialty Restoration Services

920.739.5615

24-hour Emergency
1.877 GO DRY IT (463.7948)
Serving the Fox Valley Area

ServiceMaster SSRS Appleton | News & Tips

The Do’s and Don’ts of Mold Removal in Appleton, WI

June 15th, 2015 · No Comments

Mold removal can be tricky business, and taking it on alone is not only difficult, but detrimental. That’s why ServiceMaster Specialty Restoration Services in Appleton, WI will make it easy for you. Leave it to us, but before you do, there are a few things you should be sure NOT to do.

Do NOT Disturb

Don’t touch or disturb the mold in your home. Mold can cause skin and allergic reactions, especially if touched by bare skin. Let ServiceMaster Specialty Restoration Services take care of the mold removal in a safe and effective manner so you and your family can stay healthy.

Do NOT Attempt to Dry

We use state-of-the-art technology and equipment to dry your home and remove mold. Using household items like fans or air conditioning to dry mold-infested areas can spread mold spores through the air and onto other surfaces, allowing more mold to grow, according to Medicinenet.com. To ensure you’re not spreading spores throughout your home, leave the drying to the experts at ServiceMaster Specialty Restoration Services.

Do NOT Bleach

Because mold can be an irritant to skin and eyes, it’s best not to add any more toxins to the mix, such as bleach. ServiceMaster Specialty Restoration Services will inspect all your affected areas to remove mold, and then use antimicrobial solutions to prevent further mold in your home.

DO Know the Health Risks

Mold in your home can be risky business. According to Mecinenet.com, the most common hazard of mold is an allergic reaction, which can cause wheezing, watery eyes, runny noses, and rashes. Make sure to know the signs and symptoms of a allergic reaction to mold, and then trust us to remove every last sign of mold.

DO Avoid the Area

Because spores can travel through the air, it’s best to avoid areas heavily affected by mold. Let ServiceMaster Specialty Restoration Services thoroughly clean and disinfect the area before you allow friends and family to spend time in the affected area.

DO Turn off Fans

Fans can contribute to the spreading of spores through the air, so it’s best to leave fans off, even if the area is wet. Leave the drying and removing to us!

DO Call ServiceMaster Specialty Restoration Services in Appleton, WI!

Contact us today to discuss all that we can do for you and your home!

Tags: Mold Removal ·


 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *