ServiceMaster Specialty Restoration Services

920.739.5615

24-hour Emergency
1.877 GO DRY IT (463.7948)
Serving the Fox Valley Area

ServiceMaster SSRS Appleton | News & Tips

Two Household Elements That May Lead to Fire Damage Restoration in Appleton, WI

December 28th, 2016 · No Comments

Fire damage in any form is devastating, and many people believe that once a home suffers from fire damage, most of the items inside are damaged beyond repair. While total losses do occur, it’s often possible to reclaim many of the items if a professional fire damage restoration company, such as ServiceMaster Specialty Restoration Services, respond quickly after the fire to perform remediation. We want to help you avoid fire damage restoration this holiday season. Here are some tips for preventing fires in your home.

There are two main preventable elements that we often see present after fire damage:

 

  • Heating Elements/Space Heaters.  The recent arctic blast here in Appleton, WI, had many residents relying on space heaters to keep warmth close by. Space heaters, however, are often the cause of fires during the winter months. Unattended units can overheat, or nearby blankets, and even children’s pajamas, can catch fire. Space heaters should never be used in place of residential heating. If you’re having trouble with your heating, contact Outagamie County utilities for Wisconsin Public Assistance.
  • Electrical Fires. It’s that time of year to be decking the halls, but before you do, make sure your home has up-to-date wiring and sufficiently grounded outlets. Overloading outlets with extension cords, using adaptors with grounded cords (so three-pronged plugs can be plugged into two-pronged outlets), and using frayed cords should be avoided. Cords meant for indoor use are not weatherproof and shouldn’t be used for outdoor lighting displays. If you have old knob and tube wiring, it’s time to call an electrician for an update. These systems are old, very inefficient energy-wise, and extremely prone to overloading, overheating, and causing fires.

 

ServiceMaster Specialty Restoration Services in Appleton, WI, is a full-service fire damage restoration company. With us, quality restoration is just a call away. We can provide pack out services, restoration of items in your home, fire, soot and odor mitigation, water damage repair and restoration, and rebuilding services. To learn more about our fire damage restoration services, contact us at (920) 379-5615.

Tags: Fire Damage Restoration ·


 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *